The challenge has three parts:
1) Share your burdens with each other, and pray for each other (Galatians 6:2). This can occur in your small group or one-on-one. Your burdens could be sin you are struggling with, but could also be things like worries, anxiety, or depression. This part of the challenge requires a willingness to be vulnerable and to confess/admit our burdens to each other. On the receiving end, it requires us to be trustworthy, nonjudgmental, appropriately confidential, and encouraging to each other.
2) Pray the stations of the cross or find a prayer labyrinth somewhere near your area.
3) Throughout the next two weeks, as often as possible, say one of these breath prayers and meditations as a means of re-centering and drawing near to God:
- Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- Create in me a clean heart, O God.
- Be still, and know that I am God.
- Lord, I believe. Help me with my unbelief.
- As a deer pants for water, so my soul longs for you, O God.